Denture Care & Maintenance | Newark DE
Your dentures are an investment and require care and attention to maintain their optimum performance.
Caring for your dentures:
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture cleanser instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones, which can can cause further bone loss and poor fit.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
- If you have complete dentures be sure to visit us once a year for an exam, oral cancer screening, and to have your dentures cleaned and evaluated. Patients with partial dentures should maintain their twice a year cleaning and exam appointments.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth. Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
For more information about dentures or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kubasko or Dr. Lanzilotti, call our office in Newark, DE at Chestnut Hill Smiles, LLC Phone Number 302-444-8606.